Taking a little time to optimize your account can reap huge dividends. Here are a few steps to help optimize your Google+ page for SEO success.
SEO Title – This is the name of your business page on Google+.
(There’s little value in trying to stuff any keywords into the SEO title, so don’t worry about it)
Custom Page URL – this is great for companies who want shorter links throughout their marketing. Your customized URL will look something like this https://plus.google.com/+YourCompanyName.
To set your custom Google+ page or profile URL:
- Go to your page or profile and click About.
- Scroll down to the Links box. You’ll see your existing Google+ page URL.
- Click on the link and Google+ asks you if you want to convert to a new custom Google+ page URL.
SEO Meta Description – this combines your tagline along with the first two sentences of your introduction. You are limited to 160 characters so use them wisely.
To edit your meta description or tagline, go to your Google+ business page and follow these instructions:
- Click the Manage This Page button at the top of the page.
- Click Edit Page on the section with your page name on it.
- Click Edit in the Story section on the next page.
- Make your changes and click Save.
Be sure to include one or two of your target SEO keywords in the description.
Google+ Authorship – this is a valuable ranking factor that you may not be aware exists. Authorship tags each piece of content you write and lets Google know you wrote it. If you’re not using this tool, you’re missing out on a great aspect of SEO
There are two ways to set up Google+ authorship to “claim” your own content:
- If you have an email address that matches your domain (i.e., [email protected]), just go to the Google+ Authorship page and simply enter your email address to complete the process.
- If you don’t have an email address that matches your domain, then you will need to include a Google+ link to your profile in the author bio of any site you write for. You’ll use this format: <a href=“[profile_url]?rel=author”>Google</a>
These will help optimize your Google+ page for Search Engine Optimization. For more information on how we can help you build your brand and business, contact our offices in Joplin, MO and in Los Gatos and San Jose, CA.